Yarn and Bead Tassel Ornaments
At the last minute I decided to embellish my tree with a dozen of these chunky yarn and bead tassel ornaments. I spied wood beads on sale at Michaels at 50% off and paired them with two colors of blanket yarn to create these ornaments with a boho vibe.
Each one takes just a few minutes and ten simple steps.
Supplies include chunky yarn of choice , 25mm wood beads, a variety of 10mm decorative beads, floral wire, scissors, a piece of 8×10” cardboard.
I’m sharing a video on Instagram Reels today to show the step-by-step process of making each one.
Written instructions below!
1. Wrap the yarn around the cardboard about 30-35 times. 2. Secure the tassel at the top with a 1 ½ foot piece of yarn to create the hanging loop.
3. Trim the bottom of the yarn with scissors to remove it from the cardboard. 4. Using tape to secure the end of the loop piece, insert it through the large 25mm wood bead.
5. Create a loop by inserting the yarn in the other direction through the wood bead. 6. Blend the end of the loop into the other yarn pieces.
7. Make a knot at the top of the wood bead to secure it in place and create the hanging loop. 8. Tie the top of the yarn with a separate piece of yarn to create a tassel shape.
9. Using floral wire, create a strand of decorative beads and wrap around the tassel. 10. Trim the bottom of the tassel so the yarn is even at the bottom.
Super easy! I finished a dozen in 2 hours while I watched a movie.
I love the combination of the yarn and wood bead textures!
You can use these as ornaments, as gift toppers, or make a beautiful boho garland with them too. 🙂
Did you miss our previous article…